As a candidate for Secretary of the Kansas Democratic Party, it’s important that I share my plans for the position–and how I plan to pay for them.
Here is what I propose to do as Secretary of the Kansas Democratic Party, in response to what I see as some of the most important issues facing Kansas Democrats. If you have ideas that you’d like to share, please email me at email@example.com or call me at 913-353-8033.
Platform & Qualifications
1) Listen. Listen to all Kansas Democrats and work to incorporate their ideas into the party as best I can.
2) As a former journalist, I’m well-acquainted with writing press releases and media relations. I’ll continue to be a resource for anyone in the party requesting assistance in these areas.
3) Build out the party’s Spanish translation capabilities via the establishment of a working group and the construction of a process for candidates and county parties to receive translation assistance.
4) Help county parties–especially smaller county parties where web expertise may be difficult to come by–to expand their digital presence. This can occur via both social media as well as inexpensive, easy-to-build and easy-to-maintain websites. As a digital project manager, it’s an area where I have a lot of expertise.
5) Establish a working group of all of the county party Secretaries from around the state to share ideas and best practices, as well as help one another.
6) As a member of a marginalized community (the gays), I am very mindful of the need to elevate underrepresented voices and will do so to the best of my ability.
7) Employ my considerable fundraising talent
and flair for bringing new donors to the party, so that these new initiatives do not represent a drain on the party’s finances. [learn more about my fundraising abilities
8) It’s time to bring fresh ideas and new blood into a Kansas Democratic Party that has often seemed to lack both.
9) Listen. I know there are Kansas Democrats who have great ideas on how to build and grow the party. I plan to listen to them.
Again, if you have ideas you’d like to share, if you have questions about what I’m proposing, or would like more details, please feel free to call me at 913-353-8033 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.